Our next sermon series will be two-parts of messages called “We Envision”. We’ll overview meaning and understanding of the text Revelation 5 and then make applications for our church family. I’m prayerfully excited for how God will use this to continue awakening us to His priorities for our church.
Revelation 5:1-13 (ESV) 1 Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it, 4 and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. 5 And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.” 6 And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 And he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne. 8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, 10 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.” 11 Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!” 13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”
Here are some applications we envision:
Severna Park Baptist Church vision is to grow godly generations. We believe this means envisioning a church in Anne Arundel County & beyond that…
– is united in membership and urgent in Jesus’ mission.
– impacts the spiritually lost through truthfully and lovingly proclaiming the gospel of Jesus with our lips and promoting the gospel with our lives.
– impacts the spiritually disconnected through church strengthening and church starting among our neighborhoods and among the nations.
– impacts the fragmented family through enriching marriages, encouraging parents, and equipping families for relational unity and spiritual mission.
– impacts the generationally segmented through intergenerational worship and ministry experiences.
– impacts the racially divided through a hospitable church culture and through multi-ethnic ministry & church partnerships.
– impacts the disinterested community through tangible acts of love & service in Jesus’ name.
Snow Closure Devotional: Devotional_Jan 24 2016