Last week I shared a challenge for our church to grow in the art of gratitude by listing 7 items of thanksgiving each day for a week, and add 1 more to equal 50.
Here’s my list:
◦ We are grateful for grace in Jesus Christ.
◦ We are grateful for God’s sustaining care with grandparents health.
◦ We are thankful for working together to do house chores.
◦ We are grateful for safety of traveling friends.
◦ We are grateful restful Sunday’s.
◦ We are grateful for the last week of a long school year.
◦ We are grateful for mom learning new projects like screen printing.
◦ Thankful for guacamole, ketchup, and Polynesian sauce (all separate, of course).
◦ Thankful for swim team practices and coaches.
◦ Thankful for washer & dryer and dishwasher and crockpots for household of seven.
◦ Thankful for time with a friend who is moving away soon.
◦ Thankful for dinner conversation can.
◦ Thankful for learning new things: potty training, crafts, school work, bible, etc.
◦ Thankful for prescription glasses.
◦ Thankful for sunshine after storms.
◦ Thankful for AHG leaders and volunteers.
◦ Thankful for those who serve in national military and local first responders.
◦ Thankful for technology that allows for virtual phone calls with grandparents.
◦ Thankful being able to plan some upcoming travel to see distant family and friends, which was not possible last year.
◦ Thankful for reading lights and cozy beds.
◦ Thankful for spiritual leaders who use their influence for the good of others and not personal gain.
◦ Thankful for school accomplishments and graduation celebrations.
◦ Thankful for youth collective bible teaching and friends at church.
◦ Thankful for fun and competitive four square games.
◦ Thankful for less cicadas and more fireflies.
◦ Thankful for Amazon delivery.
◦ Thankful for siblings.
◦ Thankful for God’s forgiving and empowering grace in conflicts and challenges.
◦ Thankful for music lessons and singing our favorite songs.
◦ Thankful for cake and ice cream to celebrate birthdays.
◦ Thankful for toys, books, and electronics for entertainment and education.
◦ Thankful for meeting new friends and networking with other churches.
◦ Thankful for splendid sunsets.
◦ Thankful for the many reminders in people and circumstances for how precious is the gift of time. O Lord, teach us to number our days, that we might gain a heart of wisdom.
◦ Thankful for how the energy and personality of a three year old boy influences a family for the better.
◦ Thankful for Kona Ice.
◦ Thankful for completing a long but good season of school and AHG.
◦ Thankful for hats.
◦ Thankful for nurses and doctors who help us when we need them like today.
◦ Thankful for adults who cheer and coach our children in so many kind ways.
◦ Thankful for soap and clean water which are not always appreciated around the world.
◦ Thankful for physical and spiritual WiFi (prayer).
◦ Thankful to end the week with expectation of exciting new weeks ahead, starting with Sunday AM with church family.
◦ Thankful for quiet and meaningful devotion in the word with coffee this morning while children slept in.
◦ Thankful to hear a detailed instructional and thoughtful feedback video from the Milleker’s with my daughters and other children’s photography.
◦ Thankful for kind neighbors and an enjoyable neighborhood to live and raise our family.
◦ Thankful for each of my children, especially my today fourteen year old daughter. We made and ate her favorite meal together: chicken & waffles.
◦ Grateful for my amazing wife.
◦ Grateful for my dad’s example of hard work, military service, compassion for family, and hopefulness in suffering. Happy Fathers Day and I love you pops.
◦ Thankful for seeing many gratitude reflections this week through #ThankfulTogetherSPBCMD