Skip to content
- False repenters talk about forgiveness apart from the cross and suffering of Jesus; it’s cheap grace rather than costly grace.
- False repenters are vague and evasive about their sin, talking about change apart from Christian discipleship and accountability.
- False repenters are motivated by lists and legalism rather than a spirit of love for God and people.
- False repenters are bothered by other’s sins more than their own.
- True repenters are humbled by guilt and shame and readily admit when they are wrong.
- True repenters speak frequently about the death & resurrection of Jesus, & how gospel relates to their life.
- True repenters can readily identify specific sins of commission and omission in their life.
- True repenters invite others to confront and encourage them in holiness.
- True repenters sacrifice comfort and calendar priorities to invest in spiritual growth opportunities personally and corporately with others.